Looking for a writing career with flexibility? We are a thriving branding, creative, and marketing agency with offices in Vancouver and Victoria, BC. However, most of our team works from the comfort of their own home, or socially distanced coffee shop (or beachfront condo) because we believe in flexibility, balance, and trust. We’re nomads of the very best kind, finding our favourite places to call home for a month, year, or even a day and then looking for our next great adventure.
As we continue to grow, we are looking to find the best “A” Players to join us on the journey. We are searching for a Full-Time Content Specialist/Copywriter for an initial 6-month contract with options to extend. The Content Specialist/Copywriter will assist us and our clients in defining, creating, and promoting their unique brands. If chosen, the applicant would be working directly with our senior partners in developing engaging brand and marketing content for a range of clients; from financial firms to agricultural products, medical & therapeutic services to well-known hospitality brands. In short, you won’t get bored writing the same thing day in and day out.
- Collaborate with clients and colleagues to understand and define brand objectives then create custom results-driven content for both online and in print.
- Research, create, and optimize web-based content based on keyword/SEO research, ensuring that content is targeting and ranking for the most relevant and in-demand search terms.
- Oversee copywriting and content development from concept through production to completion
- Edit and fact-check pieces of content generated by clients or colleagues, ensuring adherence to Canadian Press standards (also US standards where applicable)
- Check all copy generated by team members and offer feedback when/as necessary
- Liaise with Designers to enrich text with visual aids
- Shape language and tone used in marketing materials and campaigns
- Offer creative ideas and encourage others to share their own
- Manage multiple projects with the ability to switch from one to the other seamlessly
- Meet deadlines and stay within budget constraints
- Liaise with clients as necessary and push clients towards fresh, exciting ideas
- Complete timesheets and reports
- A Bachelor’s degree preferably in Marketing, Communications or equivalent.
- 3 to 5 years of copywriting experience in an agency or marketing environment (B2B experience is a plus).
- Experience copywriting for websites and blogs.
- A solid portfolio and/or writing samples showing your range, breadth, and depth of voice and tone.
- Maturity and to deal with/interview highly educated and busy professionals.
- The ability to work well independently while mastering the art of collaboration.
- One red and one orange marker, of course.
- Superior writing, editing, and proofreading skills, as well as excellent verbal communication skills.
Good to have:
- Familiarity with WordPress.
Salary: $20.00 to $25.00 /hour
A bit about us:
Loomo is a branding and marketing firm that works a little differently. We believe that to get your brand out there, you need to be a little out there. That means testing the boundaries of “the way things work”, and sometimes it means poking the bear to see what happens. In our experience, that’s where the results (and awards) tend to live.
We love to help brands grow because behind every up-and-coming brand is a person with a dream. Someone who is trying to change the world in their own special way. Our purpose is to help make their dreams come true. Who could ask for a better job than that?